Thursday 2 April 2009

Still on submission

I was reading my Bible on the train today and felt led to the book of Philippians. I read Chapter 2 in an entirely new way and have turned it into a prayer of submission for myself on those days when it gets too difficult...

The beginning of the chapter encourages believers in living together in peace and unity, if only I could remember these words and apply to all my relationships..

Paul says.."then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others".

A prayer for the submissive wife

Lord may my attitude be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
because although being in very nature like man
I will not consider equality with him something to be grasped
but make myself as nothing
taking the very nature of a servant
being made a submissive wife
being found in attitude and appearance as a respectful one
I humble myself
becoming obedient to the point of the death of my flesh
carrying this cross daily
therefore my husband will honour me to the highest place
and give me a name that he calls no other
for he shall say
Many women do noble things
but you surpass them all
for charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting
but you are a woman who fears the Lord and you will be praised
You are my beloved and I am yours

(c) Esther Hadassah 2009, adapted from Philippians Chapter 2 and Proverbs 31

Thank God for God, there is nothing that concerns us that He has not given an idea in His word. I pray He gives me the grace to continue growing in His grace.

XoXo

2 comments:

Favoured Girl said...

Hey girl, I've enjoyed reading all your posts! You are doing something very wise, that most single people don't do: preparation. I know that your relationship and future home will be gloriuos. I pray that God will continue to reveal Himself and His word to you. Keep blogging and I'll be back!

Hadassah said...

@FG: Thanks for your wonderful comment. I'm an avid reader of your blog. God bless you.